Friday, December 13, 2013

A Giant Cupcake

image

The yurt looked like this most of the week! It was too cold to melt the snow, and thus clearly too cold to go down those stairs and turn on the heater. Plenty to do otherwise anyway, I've been working away in the house:

P12-13-13_10.26[1]

Final edits are done and sent back now (sorry for the sub-standard cell phone picture...I did not think to take a picture until I was in the car on the way to FedEx). People here and there have read it and given me feedback, corrected what errors we could find, but oddly, even with all those eyes looking, we will undoubtedly miss a few. Ah well!

I also made a warm hat for this happy little character:
20131207_185121-1
but alas, forgot to take a photo! Imagine a blue hat, pointy and tasseled at the end :).

I have managed, toward the end of the week as the weather warmed a bit, to get the loom warped:

image

The colors are warm and inviting, and now the exercise of weaving it off is warming me up too! These are the colors of the sunsets these winter evenings, as each day and night brings us closer to the solstice.

Happy Friday the 13th! A day once thought lucky, especially for women, in honor of the Goddess Freya.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Oh, lucky us, that we have another book of yours to look forward to!

4:34 AM  
Blogger judy said...

I am looking forward to this release. I think of you every time I spin silk. Pretty often , as it is my favorite fiber to spin. You changed my world (spindling ;) wise) when I switched to a modified long draw from the fold.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home